We offer two different memberships.
- ISA and RC 44 Membership
- RC 44 Membership Only
ISA and RC 44 Membership
How to join the ISA & RC44? Via the ISA website
Benefits of membership:
- Subscription to ISA journals Current Sociology and International Sociology.
- Reception of isagram, an electronic newsletter containing announcements of the forthcoming conferences, calls for papers and manuscripts, prizes, competitions, job offers, etc.
- Job offers
- On-line access to
- eSymposium, a forum through which ISA members are able to engage in debate, showcasing the diverse work, practices, ideas and voices.
- sociopedia.isa an online database with state-of-the-art review articles in social sciences.
- SAGE Collection which includes 37 journals with more than 12,500 articles.
- 45% discount on SAGE Publications books.
- Special subscription rates to journals offered by various publishers.
- A reduction in registration fees at ISA World Congress and Forum of Sociology (next XVIII ISA World Congress of Sociology in Yokohama, Japan in July 2014);
- Over 65 years of age – you qualify for life membership of the ISA. Send a copy of identity documentation showing your birth date. Submit an electronic ISA membership form indicating your mailing address (and mark the gap Life members). It costs 300 USD and you will never have to renew ISA membership (only Research Committees).
- Global Dialogue
Newsletter published in 12 languages. A venue for debates, reports on conferences, state of different sociologies, interviews, and much more.
- Universities in Crisis
Blog of the ISA that reports on universities in crisis, aiming to build global communities of concerned academics.
- Global Sociology, Live!
An experimental course in pursuit of global sociology, introducing students to sociologists from around the world. Videos of weekly conversations are posted here.
Videos and Films of the everyday life of sociologists.
RC44 Membership only
What is RC 44? It is the Research Committee on Labour Movements of the International Sociological Association (ISA), the largest academic forum for those engaged with sociologically related issues of enquiry.
Mission of RC44: To encourage international research on labour movements, with a focus on their role in industrial relations, in the political arena and in connection with other social movements and organizations addressing work and labour issues. Membership is open to any person engaged in research or directly involved in a labour movement organization.
Benefits of joining RC44:
- An opportunity to engage with interdisciplinary academics/researchers with similar interests. Current membership includes international academics/researchers from Africa, Asia, North and South America, Europe, and Oceania;
- Receive regular email digests of new RC44 website materials posted featuring international articles on labour, book reviews and commentaries, debates on cutting –edge research, profiles of research units, conference announcements, calls for paper and more;
- Receive a directory of active RC-44 members;
- Participate in RC44 meetings
For more information on RC44 membership only, please contact Adam Mrozowicki at adam.mrozowicki[at]uwr.edu.pl